Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Track And Hobby Shop In Senoia Ga Opening Soon?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Track And Hobby Shop In Senoia Ga Opening Soon?

I was surfing the net and came across another forum for Georgia RC racing. They had a thread for "New Georgia racing facility" They say it will be around Brooks or Senoia. It will include hobby shop, indoor carpet racing, outdoor nitro track, outdoor asphalt track, and rock crawling. Sounds to good to be true for us southsiders. Check out the link below.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/

Re: A New Track And Hobby Shop In Senoia Ga Opening Soon?

This will be awesome Dave....
    another step closer to My dream of an Atlanta Area Series
    Git-ir-done Oval Speedway
    "Invitation Only"
    Revo, Slash, HPI Baja 5BSS, RC18,RS3,Summit,ST-RR,BlackFoot

Done with Off-road, if I want to fly thru the air I have airplanes for that.

,[____l,
    _-o||||o-_
    ()_)ŻŻ )_)

Comment

From what I hear, it's all true. They are currently in the process of building the outdoor off-road track and laying out the indoor carpet track. They are also in the process of stocking the hobby store. I'm a southsider that has been out of the RC scene for years but I'm getting back in now. The owner of the facility ran a 1/10 nitro off-road racing series way back in 1998 and 1999 on the southside that I ran in. The series consisted of about 5 or 6 tracks and all of the tracks were great. I'm can't wait til he get's done with the new facility....Now we just need to get the word out and make sure we support the track....
      Trevor Hill

Comment

Does anyone have an address on this place.....I could make a photo-recon run over that way.....This will be a big boon to racing on the south side. :P
        "Invitation Only"

,[____l,
        _-o||||o-_
        ()_)ŻŻ )_)

Comment

This was posted in the RC Tech forum which has Vince's contact info. The official address has not been posted but I'm sure you can contact Vince to find out.

Originally Posted by VRP
          I dont know if any of you remember the Ga. Outlaw Gas Supertruck series form 10 years ago..? Sponsored by VRP Racing..? Well we have opened the RC Racers Meca..!
          VRP Hobbies new store should be open Feb 1st. for Buisness .We will have indoor 1/18- 1/12th and 1/10 scale electric carpet track. 50 yards of pit tables, powered, all indoors. Fun cold weather R/C ing.

Our electric and gas inventory will be seperate in there own rooms..No more getting cross eyed looking for what you need ...

Our offroad Track will be one of the best in the south and will incompass electric and gas (Differant race Days) for all scales.

We will also have two Rock Crawling Courses one indoors and one out...

Plus an onroad asphalt course.

This 5000 sq foot facility will be set up to accomidate any RCer's needs all day, with multiple bathrooms, waterfountains, sinks, refrigerator, microwaves, Lounge and even showers..! Plus possabley food.. It's not a normal retail outlet store you are used to but a place to hang out for the day.

We are in the process of making our initial stock order now..
          What kinda of specific products would you like to see in our store...?
          Feel free to call me for more details (404)391-4156 or Email Us at vrpracing@earthlink.net

Thanks
          Vince Ponder
          http://www.vrpracing.org

The shop phones were turned on today (770)599-3007
          Trevor Hill

Comment

I just talked with Vince and I came away pretty impressed.
            With any new venture you have to patient and supportive and I think that will be the case with this complex. But it sounds to me like they're head is definitely in the right place...
            They have done they're research and they are committed.....

Git-ir-done!
            "Invitation Only"

,[____l,
            _-o||||o-_
            ()_)ŻŻ )_)

Comment

Pecan if I get some free time Sat. I am going to ride over and check the place out.
              I don't
              need no
              Rocking Chair

Comment

Originally posted by pecanpatch
                I just talked with Vince and I came away pretty impressed.
                With any new venture you have to patient and supportive and I think that will be the case with this complex. But it sounds to me like they're head is definitely in the right place...
                They have done they're research and they are committed.....

Git-ir-done!
                Yeah, these guys are all about business on this one. Definely a much better warm and fuzzy than Ricky and Thunderdome in Hampton. Ricky and his partner are saying that they're going to be up and running at the end of January. He's also in the process of relocating A&J hobby to the house that's adjuacent to the track. However even with all of that going on neither guy has even tried to reach out and communicate to the racers so we'll see.....
                EL TIGRE!!
                RC8B
                RC8
                RC8T

Comment

Ted,
                  So supposedly there is also going to be a track for racing built in Griffin beside Git-ir-done?

Comment

Dave he is referring to the Thunderdome Nitro raceway.
                    Its supposedly going to be on 19 & 41 in North Griffin (sunny side) at Malier Rd.

It is a pipe dream of Ricky Hambrick from A & J hobbies in Hampton.

We all hope that even this track comes about....... But so far nothing has happened.
                    "Invitation Only"

,[____l,
                    _-o||||o-_
                    ()_)ŻŻ )_)

Comment

Thanks, I had not heard about it before. Maybe someday it will happen.

Comment

O k I rode over to Brooks this morning and sure enough they is a track and Hobby shop going up. Looks like it is going to be super nice.
                        As I thoght it is only 5 miles from my house.
                        Within 500 yards of a great little store that sells food, beer, gas, Pizza and all sorts of other stuff.
                        Man I got a feeling this is going to become my home away from home.

Git-R-Done
                        I don't
                        need no
                        Rocking Chair

Comment

thanks for the update BooBoo......
                          they actually wouldnt tell me the address...... they didnt want people seeing stuff half finished and blogging bad things before they even got done....
                          "Invitation Only"

,[____l,
                          _-o||||o-_
                          ()_)ŻŻ )_)

Comment

Thats cool Pecan I reconized the building from the photo they put on the forum
                            I don't
                            need no
                            Rocking Chair

Comment

I'm glad that this new track is not a mirage Boo Boo. This might be my new home away from home as well. I could pull the lair to work with me and leave early to run practice laps. SWEET!!
                              EL TIGRE!!
                              RC8B
                              RC8
                              RC8T

Comment

Working...
                              X